Last updated on 2019-01-05. Dropped Google Analytics, SeriesGuide no longer uses it.
Before on 2018-12-17. Crashlytics does not collect Android ID.
Before on 2018-08-10. Explicitly mention for what purpose data is collected.
Before on 2018-05-23. Added explicit justification of data collection, Google Analytics data retention info.
Before on 2018-03-29. Dropped Answers as SeriesGuide no longer uses it. Grouped info by service, added more details. Added note about exporting data.
Who makes SeriesGuide
SeriesGuide and its services are provided by Uwe Trottmann in Germany. See the Impressum for contact details.
Based on legitimate interests (in the sense of Art. 6 lit. f. GDPR) SeriesGuide uses third-party services provided by Google LLC ("Google") to collect and store data. See below for details.
This data is used to maintain and improve SeriesGuide. This data is transferred to, stored and processed in the United States and other countries where the Google services operate. Google is certified under both the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield frameworks.
This service collects:
- device-specific information (like model and operating system version)
- unique identifier of app installation (Installation UUID)
- crash and error traces
Crash and error traces and their associated identifiers are kept for 90 days.
This data is used to get insights into issues with the app and to help fix them. It also provides insight into errors or outages with the used third party services.
For more details have a look at these terms of service and info pages:
- Crashlytics Data Collection Policies
- Crashlytics Terms of Service
- Fabric Data Processing and Security Terms
- Fabric Terms
Google Cloud Platform
If you use SeriesGuide Cloud additional data is collected and stored:
- request logs (including IP addresses and SeriesGuide version)
- email address
- SeriesGuide data (including shows, lists, movies, statistics)
Request logs are kept for about 30 days. Your email address and SeriesGuide data is kept until you remove your SeriesGuide Cloud account from within SeriesGuide on all connected devices.
Request logs help to determine usage of and issues with the Cloud service. The email address is used to uniquely identify an account and its stored data.
For more details have a look at:
- the Google Cloud Platform Terms of Service, in addition to
- their Data Processing and Security Terms and
- EU Model Contract Clauses.
If you contact me (such as via Email, Twitter, Facebook or Google+), I may keep a record of your communications to help solve any issues you might be facing. I may use your email address or contact data to inform you about SeriesGuide, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
You can contact me if you want your contact data and sent messages to be deleted.
You can request access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data, or the restriction of processing concerning you or to object to processing. You have a right to portability of your personal data. You can lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority regarding the processing of personal data.
Personal data means any information relating to you. Where you can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to your physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
Exporting your data
You can export your shows, lists and movies to files in JSON format using the Backup/Restore tool in Settings.
What follows are explanations of why SeriesGuide requires certain permissions.
- Required for the Backup/Restore tool as well as Auto-Backup to write and read their files from the external storage (USB/SD card/integrated) of your device.
- Google Play billing service
- Required to provide an in-app purchase to unlock all features. This is handled by Google Play.
- Control Near Field Communication (NFC)
- Required to support beaming a show to another device (tap on a show, then tap two devices together) using Android Beam, which requires NFC.
- Full network access
- View network connections
- Required to send data to and receive data from the internet and to behave well if the connectivity of your device changes.
- Control vibration
- Required so the app can vibrate your device, like to notify you.
- Run at startup
- Required to re-schedule the notification service at startup.
- Read sync statistics
- Read sync settings
- Toggle sync on and off
- Required to integrate with the Android account and sync framework to schedule network operations. This permission allows to enable and disable sync within the app and see if a sync is currently running.
- Install shortcuts
- Required to automatically pin shortcuts to your home screen.